29 Mk ii: Boom-internal tackle for outhaul?

Sep 5, 2018
C&C 29 Mk ii Port Hadlock
Hello. First post here--likely the first of many questions about the '84 29 Mk ii we just got. (I understand and hereby promise to use the Search function but didn't see info on this topic.)

The surveyor (perhaps charitably) referred to the condition of the running rigging as "serviceable," but the outhaul line is just ratty-looking. Before I rig a messenger to remove the line and reeve the new one, it occurred to me to wonder whether there's a tackle for it inside the boom.

Is there?

Thanks!
David

MccNeo

May 11, 2014
MacGregor 26S Evans
David,
I have a 1974 C&C 30 Mk I.

The end of my boom is open and I have the ability to look down the inside.
My outhaul is wire internally (as were all of my halyards as well), and braid-on-braid externally. My external portion runs to a winch and cleat both mounted on the boom.

The C&C Photo Album web-site has a link on the left side called Do It Yourself ( http://www.cncphotoalbum.com ). This link takes you to another page that describes various attributes. It has a diagram for the boom outhaul that shows internal tackle arrangement. The diagram indicates it is for a 1983 C&C 24.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018
C&C 29 Mk ii Port Hadlock
Turns out I've got all 3/8" double-braid for the outhaul, with no mechanical advantage until the line runs back to a cabin top winch. Which keeps things easy to replace, I guess. Thanks for the response.