28.5 bilge hose replacement

Feb 20, 2019
Hunter 28.5 Muskegon
What's the best way to replace the bilge hose in a Hunter 28.5? I can't find the thruhull access behind and above the galley stove area to connect to the thruhull and route back down into the bilge stringer hole.

I see the hose go through the stringer under the mast post, but it must turn back and up to the thruhull on the outside 12" down from the toerail and just forward of the galley sink thruhull.

Any thoughts

IMG_20190319_200118022_7539.jpg

Attachments

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Crimey, man! Forget the hose and clean up that mess, as your mom probably told you many times.

Feb 20, 2019
Hunter 28.5 Muskegon
Found it! Didn't even notice it in the cupboard. I may just connect a short length to the stub end in the bilge instead of trying to run a new hose.

IMG_20190321_200802057.jpg

Jun 21, 2022
Hunter 28.5 New Bern, NC
When I finally found the through hole my caveman hands broke the hose off trying to make sure it was clear. (if you think you have a clog in the bilge find the post about water columns. I wish i would have first. Would have saved me buying a new bilge pump)
So I figured I would attach a 90 degree elbow and fix it to a 3/4 inch hose back on original.
Well then I broke off the original hose even further... to the point you couldn't get to it underneath the countertop.
After cursing at the boat for a while I came up with a plan.
I got 5/8" clear hose and ran it back through the existing reinforced hose.
A couple 3/4 - 5/8 reducers and some hose clamps and it is back in business.
It was a pain to get the new hose through the old one because it kept getting stuck.
Eventually i put tape around one end that brought it to a point.
Then pushed it through the galley hole and when it got stuck I would just pull it out a little and try again.
Persistence paid off in this case.