23.5; Gasket for cockpit lockers (Lazarettes) length?

Dec 14, 2007
Hunter 23.5 Thibodaux, LA 70301
Im looking for the length of gasket needed for the cockpit lockers (lazarettes) if anyone has their boat next to them.

Thanks
Todd Hubbell

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The forum store has the gasket material and glue. Cannot help you on length but measure the lip where gasket attaches to and width of gasket

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
I bought my H23.5 when it was 7 years old. There wasn't any sign of gaskets. Is this something the factory did and mine were missing when I got it? Or, just an idea you have to try to keep water out? Mine do flood when I use a pressure washer or dump buckets of water on the seats when washing the cockpit.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I used some of that (as seen on TV) flex seal that you see at Lowes. The stuff that is in a pressure can you and just tip the nozzel. I laid a bead around the lip. Left the lid up until the bead dried and it has worked very well so far. Also helps with the "slap" that occurs when someone just drops the lid down.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The cockpit Lockers only had rubber stunners as I called them only for the lid to rest on top of them. I always told my customers to use the “shower “ nozzle only as pressurized water or throwing buckets of water, water to get in anywhere to include those with gaskets

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
The cockpit Lockers only had rubber stunners as I called them only for the lid to rest on top of them. I always told my customers to use the “shower “ nozzle only as pressurized water or throwing buckets of water, water to get in anywhere to include those with gaskets
Yep
That is what I had. Mine were dry rotted when I bought the boat. Got new ones here at SBO but hey only held up about 18 months so now Im trying this other approach

Dfed

Jul 19, 2016
Hunter 23.5 Augusta
Had one rotted and broke, used a water bottle cap as a temporary repair.

DJN51

Oct 26, 2009
Hunter 23.5 East Chicago In
To stop water from getting in lockers Bought D universal 4m truck door rubber on Ebay from Ubestore 157 in $9.00.Put it in channel ,not on raised portion,Not a drop of water. Try to get pix Sat

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Putting any gasket in the channels designed to divert water away from locker has caused water at times to flow into the lockers. Tried that and had to remove it

In addition if using any locker where fuel tanks and other combustible items are stored will cause a build up fumes that can be very combustible. That is why the rubbersnubbers are sold by the forum store but if you go to any hardware store you will probably find something comparable to use. The design of the 23.5 lockers were meant to breathe after much discussion on this topic