Registered users don't see ads

2019 Catalina 22 National Championship Regatta (50 year anniversary)

Discussion in 'Catalina 22' started by EditorC22NSA, Jun 12, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. EditorC22NSA

EditorC22NSA

Joined Apr 21, 2015
    115 posts, 32 likes
    Catalina 22 Sport #15582
    US Indianapolis
    Looking ahead to 2019, mark your calendars to attend the 2019 Catalina 22 National Championship Regatta the week of June 3-6 on Fort Gibson Lake east of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Registration and measuring will start on Saturday, June 1. The event will be hosted by the TSA-LA-GI yacht club and organized by C22NSA Vice Commodore Duncan McBride. Duncan says "our goal is to get 50 boats on the line for the 50th anniversary" of continuous production of the Catalina 22. Spread the word to your fellow Catalina 22 racers, and set your course to race in the 2019 Catalina 22 National Championship Regatta.

pclarksurf likes this.
  2. Voiding Sounds

Voiding Sounds

Joined May 24, 2018
    8 posts, 1 likes
    Catalina 22
    Hull 2640 US Norcal
    I attended last week's Nationals in California as rail meat and had a blast. Everyone was incredibly welcoming of me as a new sailor (and even newer racer) and I got to spend almost a whole week sailing and camping. It was like going to summer camp, and it was really cool to meet some folks who I've been reading about/chatting with online.

I have no doubt Duncan and the folks at Tsa La Gi will put on a great event. Just about everyone I spoke with encouraged me to bring my boat out and race in the Silver Fleet. I'd love to if my rigging was up to snuff for anything other than light winds (and I wasn't an awful skipper with no crew). I'd encourage any of you to come out, even if your interest in racing is minor (mine WAS) and I'll be doing my best to keep my skipper focused on Tulsa.

3. EditorC22NSA

EditorC22NSA

Joined Apr 21, 2015
    115 posts, 32 likes
    Catalina 22 Sport #15582
    US Indianapolis
    Voiding Sounds...great to hear that you had a "blast" at your first Catalina 22 National Championship Regatta! Hope you can make it to Tulsa next year as skipper or crew. We will also be celebrating 50 years of Catalina 22 production.

Sunbrella lifesling covers
Any color, fits over existing bag to match your existing canvas.
Winch covers
Any brand, every size, any color!
Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
Ready-made sheets and halyards
Now faster than ever, our calculator tells you what sizes you need.