2018 Sun Gypsy cruise

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
When I get up there I plan to visit the shop. I think it would be interesting. For me it is the design of the prop blade.
It will be mid July before I can break away for any length of time.
I looked at the area. You came up the East side. How was the crossing of the Salish Sea? Looks like pretty open water. Like the Juan D'Fuca Strait.

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
I know it looks pretty open but not to the BIG ocean like Juan De Fuca. You can see the pic. in post 37 the sea state was pretty good. Maybe up to a 2ft chop at times. A little worse crossing the Comox Bar.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Glad you're having fun. Just spent two nights at Conover Cove. I'd rebuilt my raw water pump last week, but it's leaking oil again! Could be that the stud that came out, which I replaced with a bolt, needs more detailed inspection. Or a new pump. Never ends.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Turns out I need to flip my trip on its head and leave early. My son is flying in from Australia the last day of the Rendezvous - so I'll need to get back to spend some time with him. I'll check and see if he wants to meet up in the San Juans for a few days before heading back to Everett. I know he needs to be at a wedding that next weekend. I love fluid plans!!!

Jan 5, 2017
Just spent two nights at Conover Cove.
Some really nice hiking trails there. We've enjoyed being there a number of times. Unless you're at the dock you have to be careful of "0" or minus tides. I've felt bottom a couple of times.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Just spent two nights at Conover Cove
Hi Stu, we've always anchored in Princess Cove rather than Conover. Dislike the shore tie in a blow (another story), so usually will anchor out in the Cove without a shore tie. Some very nice hiking trails and delicious succulent oysters on the north end of the Island. A worthy stop. Must give Conover a try.

Jan 5, 2017
IMGP0104.jpeg Copeland Island anchorage. We had our first rain in more than 3 weeks here. Not bad for a WET Coast spring.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice picture Michael. Looks like you guys are having a wonderful cruise. Am I jealous... You bet. Enjoy.

Jan 5, 2017
IMGP0108.jpeg IMGP0113.jpeg Spent a couple of nights in Isabel Bay. IIRC this was suggested by Mark. Thank-you Mark, it's a lovely spot. On our way to Lund at the moment. Should be better internet there and will post pics of our "Round Redonda " trip.

Mar 15, 2013
Islander 32 mkll Comox Hrb.
Hi Michael! Sorry I missed you again in Comox. Looks like your having a great trip, I’d love to get away on an extended trip, but work is getting in the way. You’ll have to give me a hint of where Isabel bay is, any new spots close by would be great!image.jpg This is a picture of my office, I’d rather have yoirs!!..Have fun

Jan 5, 2017
You’ll have to give me a hint of where Isabel bay is
Hi Captn Scotty
Sorry we missed you again too. You'll just have to get OLD to have more time off. Isabel Bay is in Lancelot Inlet off Malaspina Inlet 50' 03 10 north, 124'43 50 west

Mar 15, 2013
Islander 32 mkll Comox Hrb.
Thanks for the tip Michael, career change soon and will have lots of time for adventures next summer. Have a fantastic trip, and stay safe!...Scott.
P.S... Thankyou for the pictures

Jan 5, 2017
Pics from "Round Redonda"IMGP0118.jpegSailing, light wind, Desolation SoundIMGP0121.jpegAnchored with "Griffin" in Coulter Bay Cortes Island

Jan 5, 2017
IMGP0127.jpeg Turning the corner- Deer Passage to Pryce Channel.IMGP0128.jpeg Looking up Toba Inlet from the junction of Pryce and Homfray