2018 Sun Gypsy cruise

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Splashed at 3:30 p.m. at Maritime Services La Conner after four days of getting Belle-Vie ready for the season. Deck scrubbed and washed. Hull polished/waxed. Two coats of ablative on the bottom. New zincs and repacked the stuffing box. Vacuumed the interior. Hit-and-run transom ding FRP repaired and very nice gel coat color match. Very accommodating, flexible and customer focused staff. Highly recommend them for boat work.

Current plan is to head towards Roche Harbor on June 30. Need to be there early on the third in preparation for the fireworks. Hope to get a slip, insisted on by the fam, probably for two days. After that, sort of open, but mostly around the islands. Try to pick some new spots like Barlow Bay for a day or so. Keep you posted.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Splashed at 3:30 p.m
Good to have the boat back where it belongs Terry. We are back in the land of communications after a week in Belize Inlet. I think we are going to put the mid-coast on hold and re-stock the boat to return to Belize and Seymour Inlets.
We left Sointula on the 20th to drop our guest at Port McNeil then a great sail over to Blunden Harbour.IMGP0261.jpg IMGP0264.jpg

Jan 5, 2017
IMGP0271.jpg Turret Rock,Nakwakto Rapids . Arrived a little early and had to wait 10 min. A bit anti-climatic after all the worry about it.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying being able to come along on your cruise with you. The locations are stunning.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Been through the Broughtons. Thats as far north as we’ve been. Would like to do more but the admiral is leary of weather. We did have some plotter/radar/AIS type of weather that trip..

Jan 5, 2017
Had a few like that ourselves. This is Bev taking us around Brooks last year. So far this year we haven't needed radar.IMGP0414.jpg

Jan 5, 2017
My quick fix for a leaking banjo bolt didn't last very long so I ordered a complete set from Perkins. Unfortunately they had to come from Vancouver ,with a weekend in the middle, so should be here tomorrow. To pass the time we went out to the Walker Group ,about mid-way across Queen Charlotte Strait. A great little anchorage , good kayaking and exploring but no cell coverage unless you get outside of the islands.anchorage at kent island, walker group.jpg IMGP0343.jpg IMGP0342.jpg looking for cell phone bars.jpg

Jan 5, 2017
The banjo washers didn't come as expected so we decided to go back to Seymour and Belize while waiting. ( Canada Post would hold them for two weeks before sending them back). First night out we stayed in Murray Labyrinth.murray labyrinth 2.jpg murray labyrinth.jpg It's a little tricky getting in but well worth it!

Jan 5, 2017
Through Nakwakto and into Nugent Sound. A couple of great anchorages here.nugent sound anchorage.jpg IMGP0373.jpg This is the entrance to Swartzenberg Lagoon ,at the end of Nugent Sound, 2 1/2miles long by 1/2 mile wide. All its water goes through this little gap.

Jan 5, 2017
In Seymour Inlet we found a number of small anchorages that were pretty special.jeusus pocket 2.jpg jeusus pocket.jpg This one is called Jesus Pocket was pretty tight but really protected. It's hard to see in the picture but there is a 3-ft. chop from the inflow winds out there.