2018 Mahalo Cruise

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
Really? I’ve sailed these waters for fifty yrs. This is the first issue with refrigeration. The % just doesnt work for me to carry that stuff. My last ditch was to buy a can of freon from the auto store. After that, ice works...
Yep. On an AB system they only have a low pressure port so the tank and gauge set is a 10oz can with valve and hose purchased from any auto parts store. On our last cruise, I got a tiny leak that would cause the unit to stop cooling every couple of days. Due to this I would check the height of the frost on the evaporator morning and evening and add a couple of bursts to keep it about 2-3" from the top. I leave the vacuum pump and big gauges at home.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
tonight is appetizer and wine/beer sharing.
I’ve got smoked pork tenderloin seasoned as Chinese BBQ pork with hot mustard and sesame seeds. For wine I have Genoa 2014 Traveler (Sangiovese).

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
tonight is appetizer and wine/beer sharing.
I’ve got smoked pork tenderloin seasoned as Chinese BBQ pork with hot mustard and sesame seeds. For wine I have Genoa 2014 Traveler (Sangiovese).
Les, if I wasn't broke and still about to leave for Scotland, you'd be hearing my hail, "Ahoy aboard Mahalo. I believe I heard someone ring the dinner bell!?":rolleyes:

One of these days. It's going to happen.

- Will (Dragonfly)