2009 Beneteau 43 Fresh Water Pressure System

DPW

Feb 9, 2017
Beneteau 43 Hingham, MA
First boat, steep learning curve, this forum is incredible!
The water pump pressurizes sufficiently for main sink and head sinks but the showers and outside handheld deck shower offer a mere trickle, any insights welcome.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Inspect your shower hoses, they like to twist up with use and that pinches off the flow of water.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Check the insides of the shower sprayer. They have some very small holes for the water, and they get clogged up after some time. Home units are the same problem.

DPW

Feb 9, 2017
Beneteau 43 Hingham, MA
Negative on the twisted hoses and the clogged headsprays - checked them. Can it be the freshwater pump even though the sinks seem fine?

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
If you do not know the history of the fresh water pump do not assume anything. These pumps come rated for different capacities, usually from 2 GPM to 5 GPM. I have no idea of the plumbing configuration for your boat and the OEM specs for the pump but for a 43' boat would expect a pump in the higher range. An undersized pump could display the symptoms you describe. Check and see if you see the manufacturing date of the pump as it will give you an idea whether it is original equipment or a replacement. An older pump may not be delivering the performance it was rated for. If it is over 10 years old I would consider replacing but before disconnecting it make sure the pump is receiving adequate voltage eliminating the possibility of a wiring and connectors problem. Check the boat's owner manual for a diagram of the plumbing configuration and verify that nothing may have been modified and get a sense for the flow of water and possible problem spots. See if any other owners chime in with the size of their pumps and plumbing configurations.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
After checking the voltage at the pump, you might consider checking the pump strainer for debris that is restricting flow. Also blow the lines out to ensure there is no debris that is restricting flow.
Could also be a faulty impeller that would not be uncommon on a pump that is older than 10 years. I replaced the impellers on both the freshwater pump and bilge pump for a nominal cost. I doubt if the pump is undersized. The pumps on my Beneteau are whale pumps; I think the rebuild kits were $20 ea. from Defender.

Aug 27, 2014
Beneteau 373 San Diego
If my strainer, which is in line just before the pump, gets clogged with debris or slime, it will impede flow as you describe. Clean it and flow will return. If there is slime you will need to shock your tanks as well described in other threads.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
To additional possibilities
You may not be able to run water from all places at the same time.
There may be a valve that controls the shower

Trace the lines backwards. You might try to push air backwards into the shower hose open the sink to see if you can push water or air out of the faucet.