2005 Hunter 41 ac windlass

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 41 New Orleans
In 2005 I purchased a new 2005 Hunter 41 A/C, the electric windlass is a Simpson Lawrence however I don't know the model number to order parts for it, and a lot of my manuals were destroyed by hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. Today I called Marlow Hunter for help they said that there are no records available before they purchased the old Hunter company. Can anyone give me some information on the model number?

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Try calling
1-800-946-3527
1-941-753-7533
1-941-746-7166
I contacted them a few years back and these are from my manual
Nick

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
I have the manual Jack. I can send it to you by email if you like.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
why? the words seem pretty clear
If words would draw a solution to problem, then a picture would not be needed. However, what is on one boat/model is not necessarily what is on another boat- not even the next in the production run. You could look in a catalog and see how many S.L. models there are. You DO want the CORRECT model, don't you?

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
bobscaggs
Can you explain how you took apart your windlass to help me do the same thing,I had mine done a few years ago and the shop did it all,I did in the past take apart just to grease under into the bearing and wiper seal.
I forget do I go anticlockwise to take the drum apart.
Also I contacted lewmar and they sent me info where to get parts.
for my sprint atlantic windlass website@slspares.co.uk
they said a kit with the bearing and wiper seal is around total $50.00 but want to make sure I can take it apart
because I was told some times they get corroded so bad they very hard to take apart and mine is leaking pretty bad.
Nick

Oct 25, 2011
Island Packet IP31 Lake St. Louis, Montreal
I'm not sure if Hunter is the same, but many manufacturers seemed to substitute gear quite freely. I know of 4 CS 30s and each have their differences when you look at blocks, winches and even opening ports. So, you may not want to reply on what's installed on a sistership to ID the windlass. A picture may serve well

Cheers

Matt

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
bobscaggs
Can you explain how you took apart your windlass to help me do the same thing,I had mine done a few years ago and the shop did it all,I did in the past take apart just to grease under into the bearing and wiper seal.
I forget do I go anticlockwise to take the drum apart.
Also I contacted lewmar and they sent me info where to get parts.
for my sprint atlantic windlass website@slspares.co.uk
they said a kit with the bearing and wiper seal is around total $50.00 but want to make sure I can take it apart
because I was told some times they get corroded so bad they very hard to take apart and mine is leaking pretty bad.
Nick
Yeah I posted about this many moons ago. This design should not be left exposed to the weather as there is an infiltration path directly down to the bearings. I simply sewed a canvas cover for the windlass that protects from water, salt and fresh. End of problem.

dakno

Jun 22, 2009
Hunter 41DS new orleans
JA, You should have found the manual buy now, if not I can send you a link when I get back to the boat. Its something like a 900, or 1,000 Sprit Atlantic . I live in New Orleans and keep the 41ds in Gulfport. I assume you are at South Shore marina?

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
bobscaggs sprint atlantic windlass looks just like my sprint atlantic also made by simpson lawrence and just finished putting mine back together and into the boat and replaced the seal and bearing and did figure out how to take it apart and if you need help maybe I can help and there is two C clips that can be a pain if not removed but you did not say what parts you need.
Nick