1996 Hunter 260, water ballast, with trailer.

Oct 6, 2014
Hunter H380 Annapolis, MD
I own a 1996 Hunter 260 , water ballast, with Hunter trailer. I need to replace the 1000 lb swivel tongue jack. A normal aftermarket replacement jack will not match the factory welded, jack mounting plate which has 7" square mounting holes for the jack plate. Can anyone help me find the original manufacturer or a current supplier of an OEM replacement jack. (Hunterowners Store ?) The original jack came with interchangeable wheel or flat plate base.

Oct 6, 2014
Thanks. I checked their web site and emailed them a request. I'll email Dave Condon also.
Thanks

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
I've changed mine a couple of time and the standard tounge jack worked perfectly.
Did you try turning it 90 degrees to see if it worked that way?

Jun 2, 2004
I just looked but it is too dark

I'll look tomorrow

The bolt pattern is not square one side is longer than the other and has more hole so that it can be used on multiple size tounges.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Take a photo of trailer tongue. A swing a way tongue jack is what I would suggest. You can lower and raise without all that cranking up and down with the old style.

Sent him my phone number and location. Not sure but think in a state on the east coast. @SeaLuff can call me now.

Jun 2, 2004
Just measured the bolt pattern on mine. Had to wait for it to warm up into the 50s to venture outside. My one pair of long pants were in the wash.

One side is 4.5" on center the other is 2.5", 3.5", 4.5", and 5.5" on center to accommodate different size tounges. I am pretty sure this is fairly standard across brands.

The plate on my trailer is 7" by 6" and uses the 4.5" by 5.5" spaced holes.

Oct 6, 2014
Thanks to all for your help. I think I have what I need now.

Rick Webb : The Attwood is exactly what I had as original equipment. I'll follow your recommendation on the Fulton from West Marine. I spoke to Crazy Dave Condon yesterday afternoon. What an incredible resource we have in him. His long history with Hunter, his wealth of knowledge about Hunter boats, his strong desire to help those in need, as well as, his endless supply of humorous anecdotes makes him a treasure for us Hunter owners He also had high praise and respect for your contribution to this web site.

Again, thanks to all responders of my original post.

SeaLuff
1996 Hunter 260
2001 Hunter 380
Annapolis, MD

Jun 2, 2004
All of us learned with someone else's help.
Happy to do the same.