1995 Catalina 30 MkIII

Jul 27, 2010
Catalina 30 MKII Morgan City, LA
Congratulations! I purchased my '88 a couple of weeks ago and have a few things to work on myself. Can't wait to get her home.

Jul 27, 2010
Catalina 30 MKII Morgan City, LA
Yes, sure hated to see that. We are going to ride out to the boat on Saturday and put a list together on things needed to be done prior to moving. It's currently at Smuggler's Cove, a small marina.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
I think you'll love the boat. My first boat too. I have hull# 6324. Everything that concerned you throughout this whole thread are routine. I would venture to say everyone with 5 or more years of ownership has had to deal with them. The good news is the longer/more you do to her the more she becomes yours. You grow to love her more and more! The problem is "it never ends"

If your boat's battery set is original you may want to check out Stu's and Main Sails advise on moving the alternator and shore power charging directly to the house battery/ batteries and add a reserve battery in the aft quarter birth. There are many write ups if you do a search on this forum. Stu helped me when I first bought mine back in 2007. It is daunting trying to absorb all the systems our boats have but in time it all comes together and makes sense.
Congrats!