1988 Hunter 23 mast foot

RG23

Jan 20, 2019
Hunter 23 Lake Hefner
Hello,

I’m looking for a mast foot for my 1988 Hunter 23. I’ve attached an image of the one I’m looking to replace. I can’t find a new replacement and the rebuild kit doesn’t fit my mast (too narrow and short). Does anybody have one of these in working condition that they’d like to sell?

Thanks,
Russell

Attachments

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
That is very different than the piece on my 23 with a ZSpar mast. What brand mast do you have? I can't see how that foot would attach to a deck tabernacle allowing it to hinge as you raise it. Maybe add photo of deck fitting. At any rate, ask the store on this site or try RigRite.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
That appears to be an old Kenyon Isomat mast foot. That company went out of business in the 90's when Z Spar bought them. Z spar left the country in a hurry but parts for Z spar can be purchased thru this forum as they have the actual parts numbers and can get those parts from U S Spargs. However, Keyon Isomat re emerged as Charleston Spar but later now as Sparcraft in Charlotte, NC. The forum store does not offer parts for Kenyon Isomat unless that has changed. Not sure if you can purchase direct from Sparcraft but parts for Kenyon Isomat can be purchased from Rig Rite. Anyone has a direct phone number for them please post.

May 8, 2019
Hunter H-23 Currrently in the driveway
You have a Z190 mast. I recognize the part as I have the same boat, mast and the same issue and recently ordered the rebuild Kit. You can get the kit direct from US Spars. It isn't listed specifically listed in the catalog but call them and they will know what you want and will help you. It is the new base, new foot, (available separately - see their online catalog) and spacer, which is just a block of hard plastic material, to make up for the space left by omitting the sheaves, as well as blocks and halyard exits for the outside exiting of the halyards. The also have a new improved replacement gooseneck assembly which if your mast was like mine you probably need

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Suggest you both look at the Z190 under US Spars Catalog on line and look st the mast foot. Z Spar masts came out first with the 23.5. The older 23 had Kenyon Isomat Spars and that mast foot is a Kenyon Isomat. Suggest sending photo of part to Rig Rite for their assessment. Then report back findings.

May 8, 2019
Hunter H-23 Currrently in the driveway
Good suggestion Dave. It does look like the old Z190 mast foot though they may have used a similar looking part for the other mast as well. There is a newer Z190 mast with a different foot/base but you'd have the older one, most likely the tapered one as I do. If you have not yet resolved the issue, look at the US Spar catalog and if the mast head casting looks like the tapered part 1010 you almost certainly have a Z190.
The foot part is 1096, base is 1100.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Send a photo of the replacement part as we may have the wrong part. Send a photo of the actual mast foot on the deck as well as the fitting at the base of the mast via a private message to me Will look into it early next week