1984 Hunter 35.5 Legend Floating in Florida

Jul 26, 2017
Hunter 35.5 Coconut Grove
Recently received word from a non-sailor that his late grandfather left him a 1984 Hunter 35.5 Legend in Miami, Florida.He has lived on the boat for the better part of a year. I live down here and have been sailing since I was 5. That being said, I am a racer and this boat has far more work to be done before we are out for a pleasure cruise...

I was hoping to find some drawings of the specs (please feel free to share anything related and I can print and bring to him on-board)

FIRST ISSUE: The gooseneck connecting the boom to the mast is snapped and I would love some help sourcing that part. What is the easiest way to get this part?

Starting this thread to update you all on the progress and seek advice on best practices and places for sourcing the laundry list of parts!

Please feel free to reach out and if you happen to be local, I would gladly welcome you abroad to give your personal/professional opinion... can provide rum/beer/wine for time.

Smooth sailing ahead (way ahead, like a speck on the horizon right now)

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Welcome aboard, DiSpencer.. I think you'll find a lot of great info here in print and in the participants..
For clarity and to make sure you are sourcing the correct stuff for the boat, it would be good to check the HIN (hull ID number).. I don't think Hunter made the 35.5 until around 1989.. so it may be newer than ya think.. if it is an '84, it is probably a H-34.. actually 34.5 overall and some folks refer to them as a 34.5.. Not dissing your note, just would not want you to get some bogus info..
Again, Welcome ! and Congrats on the "new" ride.. Be it a 34 or a 35.5, they are both good old boats.. !

Jul 26, 2017
Hunter 35.5 Coconut Grove
This is intriguing. I will have my friend check his HIN and update accordingly! Thanks, Spencer

Welcome aboard, DiSpencer.. I think you'll find a lot of great info here in print and in the participants..
For clarity and to make sure you are sourcing the correct stuff for the boat, it would be good to check the HIN (hull ID number).. I don't think Hunter made the 35.5 until around 1989.. so it may be newer than ya think.. if it is an '84, it is probably a H-34.. actually 34.5 overall and some folks refer to them as a 34.5.. Not dissing your note, just would not want you to get some bogus info..
Again, Welcome ! and Congrats on the "new" ride.. Be it a 34 or a 35.5, they are both good old boats.. !