1983 Hunter 22 Trailer project complete.

Karyon

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Red deer, Alberta
looks great, just to finish it off I would add fenders, so rocks and road rash doesn't pit the bottom of the boat, plus I would think it is mandatory to have fenders as well but that might depend on the State you live in.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Ron Frisosky now deceased was a sailor, sailboat dealer, Catalina representative and above all designed the sailboat trailers for Performance (gone) and Road King. He was considered one of the best sailboat trailer designers and learned much from him as well as others. Even when in the early stage or beginning it was always suggested to send final photos for a final second opinion. Sometimes that was a very good suggestion as issues were still seen sometimes. I learned well from Ron and try to pass that on. I also use to be an investigator to include investigating tractor trailer as well as boat trailer accidents on the east coast were investigated by me for Liberty Mutual. It does not hurt to send final photos and even when designing trailers, a few flaws were found by friends. I will leave that up to you.

Doug J

May 2, 2005
Hunter 26 Oceanside, CA
View attachment 132734
Overhauled the trailer with grandson's help and I think it came-out pretty good! While boat was on local lake we completely removed the bunks and supports as well as old lights and the winch post/support. Working a a local welding and machine shop we welded strengthening cross-members and reinforcements to the trailer frame and welded new bases on the bunk supports. Also went to much stronger U-Bolts (not cheap, but worth the peace of mind!). Also took the time to sand any rust-makers to bare metal, prime, and paint with heavy oil-base anti-rust paint.... and better color too... now matches the original Hunter reddish-color on her hull. New bunk carpet, new lights all around and a wheel bearing maintenance to boot. Sails wonderful and now pulls like a dream too.
Oh - now that's perdy!!!

SeaTR

Jan 24, 2009
Hunter 22 Groton
VERY nice !
Yes, I am indeed jealous, and may have to spruce up mine as well.

;-}