1978 27' Catalina toilet (head) has crack in housing where hand pump is located

MaryE

Jun 1, 2017
Catalina 27 San Juan Island
slight hairline crack that hisses and won't hold pressure when trying to empty or fill. Would some plastic glue or epoxy work to repair? Any ideas out there? thanks

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
It's not repairable....Marine toilets, unlike household toilets, have an average lifespan of 10 years or less. I agree with Dave...it's time for a new toilet. You may be able to replace just the pump.

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
As always, Peggie is right. The cheapie Jabsco heads are inexpensive enough/unreliable enough to be pretty much disposable.

OTOH, a complete new head is clean. I got bonus points for putting in a clean head and removing the 'dirty' one. (Of course, now the 'clean' one is 'dirty');

Apr 2, 2011
Catalina 27 Niceville, FL
If it's a Groco, a new pump can be purchased fairly reasonably. If not, junk it and buy a new one. My Groco is 31 years old and going strong. I replace a gasket set about every 4 years for less than $20. There is a reason that Groco's cost so much. They last forever.

MaryE

Jun 1, 2017
Catalina 27 San Juan Island
Thank you all, Dave, Peggie, jeepbluetj. Just ordered the 29040-3000 from amazon prime. watched the video too.
Excited to get it working and for the "new" twist and lock handle. Appreciate the help!!!