1 year on, SS U Mixing Elbow

Oct 29, 2005
Hunter Marine 326 303 Singapore
Glad to report that after 1 year (~120hrs) running, the eBay SS U Mixing elbow shows no sign of corrosion or fouling. All i found was some layer of carbon. I know I've micro-soot bubble issue but that from engine itself. Normally after a year with Yanmar stock U Mixing elbow there'll be some hard foul and corrosion of the U. Not anymore. There no photos to show 'cos there's nothing to see!

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Thanks for the update. I just replaced mine but I probably didn't need to. The old one had carbon but no corrosion that I can see. Not unless I saw it in half maybe. Anyway, the new SS elbow should last my lifetime.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
the eBay SS U Mixing elbow shows no sign of corrosion or fouling.
Thanks for the report, Ken. That is definitely my next mixing elbow, even if only for the fact that it's half the price of a Yanmar cast iron one.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Just extending the offer. You can have my old elbow for the cost of shipping if you want it. It's always been in freshwater. PM me and I can find out what it would cost to your zip. Canada may be pricey. I once sold a 5hp outboard on Ebay to a guy up there. He had me ship it to a NY address to save money. I guess he just lived over the border.