Sailing Baja

Mar 2, 2018
Catalina Wing Keel San Diego
I am planning to head south to Baja California soon. First place will be from San Diego to Ensenada Baja Sur. I've decided on this trip because I know it really well (Not sailing but surfing) and feel it will be a great way to get the hang of being in Mexico on my boat. I also have my choice of sailing down and back, trailering down , sailing and trailering back or bringing the trailer down and parking it then take the bus home to get on the boat and sail down. So lot's of options. At some point I'm planning to go farther south and would like to hear from other people who have done it. Also any stories about sailing from San Felipe south would be great.
Thanks Roderick

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Check with the folks at Tuscon Sailing Club. They do the Sea of Cortez with trailerable boats.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Check with the folks at Tuscon Sailing Club. They do the Sea of Cortez with trailerable boats.
Mostly San Carlos, Sonora, that I'm aware of.
San Filipe South can be longish hauls between anchorages.
Pssst: "Tucson". :biggrin:

Mar 2, 2018
Catalina Wing Keel San Diego
Hi Everyone,
I just got back from a month long adventure in Baja and would like to share the photos and videos with you. Any suggestions as to the best way to do this?
Thanks

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
I'd like to see them - sounds like a great trip. How was the sailing?

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
Hi Everyone,
I just got back from a month long adventure in Baja and would like to share the photos and videos with you. Any suggestions as to the best way to do this?
Thanks
Use my website to tell the story, post photos and create an album and upload all your photos. No videos yet, and all for free.
Must register to be able to post content.
PM me if you need help.

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
I recommend spending time in Sea of Cortez. Fabulous and friendly and relatively cheap.