Looking to buy a Capri 18 - NY/CT area

May 20, 2019
Catalina Capri 18 Oyster Bay
hello,
I am interested in buying a Capri 18 in excellent condition. No rush. I am located in the NY/CT coastal area.
If someone is thinking of selling or have any leads please contact me via private message.
Thank you!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Have you considered any other boats? The Mariner 19 is very popular in your area.

-Will (Dragonfly)

May 20, 2019
Catalina Capri 18 Oyster Bay
Will - Yes I actually considered the mariner but could not find a keel version available around for sea trial. Most are CB version and I would prefer a keel. Not planning on trailering so the boat would stay at a mooring. Also the Mariner has a really tiny cabin. I had a chance to sail on a Capri and though it was well designed for the size with a comfortable cockpit and cabin.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Stuart Marine Corp. out of Rockland Me. rents Mariners, sells new and used, as well as builds them. If you were interested in a sea trial of a keeled version, I'm sure they could set you up.
https://store.stuartmarine.com
I don't know how the cabin compares to the Capri, but the cockpit is really very nice at 7+ feet and there is room for 4 to sleep.

It sounds like you've done your research and know what you want. Good luck, the Capri is a sweet looking boat.

-Will (Dragonfly)

GSBNY

May 9, 2019
O’Day 192 New York
Check out the O’Day 192 as well. It’s a similar boat that has a short keel and a centerboard so it only draws 17”.