i60 Wind Instrument Troubleshooting

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
They do not repair the old one, they sent me a new wind transducer.
Velero it was not the transducer that was bad but the iTC-5. However I do have a transducer that I will send in for repair! Thanks

Feb 10, 2017
Hunter 41 Progreso
I had a similar problem, after changing the top of the mast unit, i had to calibrate the instruments but i cannot manage to get good reading. If I get a low wind measure good when the wind is blowing like 30 knots it wil display less. Same if a do the opposite thing. Some advice in this matter?

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
Well the saga is complete....I did replace the iTC-5 and the problem was not resolved. I finally asked our local electronics guy to help me out and he came over with a new (complete) unit. We connected it to the new itc-5 and it worked just great. I tried my own wind transducer and indeed that worked as well. It seems that the instrument connection at the top of the mast was not being totally made. I went up and reconfigured the transducer connection, cleaned it up and reconnected it. Now everything works just fine! Thanks again all. One lesson learned from this watch the voltage variance closely for the wind speed. If it is not varying much there could be an issue there. I got the voltage reading but not the variance. Lesson learned!

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Well the saga is complete....I did replace the iTC-5 and the problem was not resolved. I finally asked our local electronics guy to help me out and he came over with a new (complete) unit. We connected it to the new itc-5 and it worked just great. I tried my own wind transducer and indeed that worked as well. It seems that the instrument connection at the top of the mast was not being totally made. I went up and reconfigured the transducer connection, cleaned it up and reconnected it. Now everything works just fine! Thanks again all. One lesson learned from this watch the voltage variance closely for the wind speed. If it is not varying much there could be an issue there. I got the voltage reading but not the variance. Lesson learned!
I strongly suggest changing your mast cable the next time your rig is down. The connectors in the masthead bracket are known to fail over time, but the connection is temporarily fixed by plugging the MHU in and out.
The problem was definitely in the masthead plug. Been there, fixed that.

Dec 15, 2019
Hunter 49 San Diego
I had the same problem. I climbed the mast and wiped the corrosion off of the transducer pins with some fine paper. That took care of the problem. Coat the pins with anti corrosion jelly before putting the connection back together. This also works on the Wema tank monitoring display. Take apart the display down to the circuit board. File the pins and then put it back together. Mine works fine now.