Raymarine RL70C chartplotter

Sep 20, 2005
Oday 35 Westport, MA
I’m trying to replace the C-map card reader in my Raymarine RL70C pathfinder series display, and I’m having difficulty disconnecting the ribbon cable from the back of installed card reader. The clips holding the cable to the reader just don’t want to let go, and now I’m thinking that there may be a technique or tool that I’m unaware of. Has anyone had this issue and figured out a solution. My curiosity is up and my need to replace the reader is driving me (crazy). Thanks!

Sep 20, 2005
Oday 35 Westport, MA
Thank you, dlochner...a set of tools I’ve never owned...or even knew existed. I’m going to need a bigger workshop soon!

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Thank you, dlochner...a set of tools I’ve never owned...or even knew existed. I’m going to need a bigger workshop soon!
They are handy for installing memory and hard drives into computers. I bought some to upgrade my wife's laptop. Replaced the hard drive with an SSD and doubled the memory. Gave new life to an aging Mac.

Sep 20, 2005
Oday 35 Westport, MA
Raymarine has a policy to NOT advise on any hardware repair questions; this was my answer from their moderator:

“Unfortunately, information concerning how to conduct repairs to the internal components of Raymarine product is outside of the scope of product support offered. In most situations, repairs should be conducted by one of Raymarine's Product Repair Centers. However in the case of long retired products such as this hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Radar/Chartplotter, it would be recommended that Seawire Marine ((305) 489-1600; seawiremarine@gmail.com) be contacted to determine whether they can perform the repair. Seawire Marine has recently notified Raymarine, Inc. that they can repair many products which Raymarine's Product Repair Centers can no longer perform.”

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Raymarine has a policy to NOT advise on any hardware repair questions; this was my answer from their moderator:
and rightfully so. There are a lot of folk who would take a garden spade to an open heart surgery, and afterwards want warranty.

Sep 20, 2005
Oday 35 Westport, MA
No need for brain surgery for a minor bruise; I’m not sure how much the repair folks could make disconnecting a small cable...probably more than I think, though!