Furuno GPS Rollover Issues Expected

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Several Furuno products will be affected by the next GPS Rollover set to take place on March 17, 2019. Units may experience GPS positioning errors, incorrect date and/or a combination of these issues.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...28260&ca=3dc02e7b-0291-4bb9-93bf-95e723ade4c4

This notice was just for Furuno. You should check with the manufacture of your GPS unit to see if there will be issues. This roll over appears to affect older GPS units that have not had a firmware update. Newer units may not be affected.

Again, check with our manufacture to see if there are any pending/known issues.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
GPS - Edge of the World - BOUNDRY PASSAGE - Pirates - Canadians

This is just the beginning of a wonderful adventure. When sipping adult beverages and considering this idea of a Winter Sail, who could have imagined the opportunities in this age of social media and electronics that seem to control us. This is starting to take on the feel of an Epic experience.

Could this become just a “3 hour tour” with so many more complications?

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
There was nothing on Raymarine site. I am a registered user and posted Rollover question in the Tech Forum.
Jim...

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
My Icom IC-504 radio has a GPS for DSC signal too. At least I won't be on a "3 hour tour" then.:pimp:

Oct 22, 2014
Just to clarify, I sent a message to Vesper Marine to inquire about their GPS functions on their AIS systems. I received the following prompt reply from Tom in the Support department.

John Shepard
Jan 24, 03:49 NZDT
There is a lot of talk about the GPS 2019 Rollover and the impact it is having on hardware to properly manage the date and clock of GPS units.
Is this an issue with the Vesper XB8000 unit?
https://spectracom.com/resources/blog/lisa-perdue/2018/gps-2019-week-rollover-what-you-need-know

Tom Rundle (Vesper Marine Support)
Jan 24, 21:17 NZDT
Hi John,
Thank you for your email. I've confirmed with the HW guys that this won't be a problem with our specific chipset.
Thanks again, if you have any further queries please don't hesitate!
Best regards,
Tom

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
So the rumours of the end of the world are fake updates. Rats. We were looking to some real excitement in the next few weeks.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I am a registered user and posted Rollover question in the Tech Forum.
From Raymarine...
RayTech.png

Jim...

PS: Dang I am a Junior member with Zero Reputation on Ray Tech forum. Sounds like me, here on SBO too!!!:pimp:

PSS: My series MFD is "a" and not affected!:clap:

Oct 22, 2014
Welcome to the Rank and File. Life is grand down here in the trenches.:puke:
You know you will always be our "Weather Guy - Dammit Jim":laugh::clap: