Beneteau 36 cc AC

Jun 19, 2018
Beneteau 36 cc Annapolis
I just purchased a 1999 Beneteau 36 cc and would like to install an AC unit. I was wondering if anyone might recommend a good mounting location for the unit. I think that the cabinet on the inboard side of the galley might work but I am open to suggestions.

Sep 9, 2014
Beneteau 36cc Stockton, MO
We had a 16,000 marine air a/c unit installed in our 1998 Oceanis 36cc last year. It was installed under the port settee by the bulkhead. We have vents in the forward cabin, saloon and aft cabin. Very happy with the install..

Jun 19, 2018
Beneteau 36 cc Annapolis
Thanks for the reply. I am also considering the marine air unit as well. I was considering mounting under the port settee or in the galley cabinet opposite the sink. Were there any issues with running the duct work down the port side of the boat?

Sep 9, 2014
It did not seem to be an issue for them. They were able to run the venting under the fridge into the aft cabin hanging locker placing the vent at the top of the locker. We lost very little space in the port aft and forward hanging lockers. How do you like the boat ? we bought ours Summer 2015and really have enjoyed her.

Jun 19, 2018
Beneteau 36 cc Annapolis
It did not seem to be an issue for them. They were able to run the venting under the fridge into the aft cabin hanging locker placing the vent at the top of the locker. We lost very little space in the port aft and forward hanging lockers. How do you like the boat ? we bought ours Summer 2015and really have enjoyed her.
Thanks for the feedback. So far we really like the 36cc. It is very comfortable and it seems to perform well. We are still getting use to maneuvering about the center cockpit. It only seems to present challenges when docking. We hope to do some extended cruising on ours in a couple of years. We are in Middle River on the Chesapeake. Where do you keep your boat?

Sep 9, 2014
We are on an inland lake in Missouri ( Stockton lake). Would like to do some coastal cruising when we retire in a couple of years.