SPINIKER ON A H23?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
How about one of these "Generators" they come up to 165%.

https://www.peaksailsna.com/the-generator/
In most PHRF fleets you cannot race with one without taking a HUGE penalty. Due to their shape they rate as a headsail, and will be affected by your fleet rules regarding that. I know Peak makes a 155% version that might work for some boat/fleets that are already rated for 155%. But then why get one?

Actually there is one decent answer to that question.

Nov 11, 2017
Hunter 23 Alum Creek Sailing Assn
Following, from Columbus.
with thanks to all. Cheers and favorable winds.

P100D

Jul 24, 2016
Hunter 23 Nashville TN Percy Priest lake
Ah I see. Racing and rules are not my strong suit. The beer can regatta, maybe.

Jul 26, 2010
Hunter 23 South Haven, MI
How about one of these "Generators" they come up to 165%.

https://www.peaksailsna.com/the-generator/
I've never seen this type of sail before. This greatly intrigues me! We have a lot of slow/boring Saturdays just floating on Lake Michigan in 1-5 kts. Has anyone used one of these? $400 and no changes to my rigging sounds like a great deal to get a little more speed on the light days (for fun, not for racing).

P100D

Jul 24, 2016
Hunter 23 Nashville TN Percy Priest lake
I've never seen this type of sail before. This greatly intrigues me! We have a lot of slow/boring Saturdays just floating on Lake Michigan in 1-5 kts. Has anyone used one of these? $400 and no changes to my rigging sounds like a great deal to get a little more speed on the light days (for fun, not for racing).
Exactly!!

Nov 8, 2010
If you have a spinnaker halyard and currently use a head-sail smaller than say a 135, these things are a fun way to turbo-charge your light air sailing. You might not be able to go in to every point of sail, but you'll be moving a lot faster. And that's often the key.

Last edited:

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Ah I see. Racing and rules are not my strong suit. The beer can regatta, maybe.
Our Thursday beer cans had the same rules as week end regattas.

Nov 8, 2010
Our Thursday beer cans had the same rules as week end regattas.
Exactly. Racing is racing, having a 'relaxed' or a different interpretation of the rules is dangerous and unfair.