Hunter 23 where to place a bildge pump

Nov 9, 2017
Hunter 23 857 Hendersonville
Where is the best place to have a bilge type pump. I sometimes get water in cockpit port lassereth usually just rain water, thought I could crawl to transom and install pump and cut out access hole above cockpit rear drain on back of port lassereth. Any ideas helpful. Thanks
Scott

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Mine was below the cockpit. Pretty useless since that area seems to be higher than the bilge in the cabin. If you can get it all hooked up the keelbolt wells and the lazarette would be ideal since that’s where everyone’s water ends up.

Nov 9, 2017
Hunter 23 857 Hendersonville
Thanks. had an earlier post about water in port lazzerth and keel below floor boards, boat is on trailer. Thought should not get any water from rain there. Someone said to check drain hose in anchor locker. Looks like a pain to remove bolts. I guess it is what it is. Going to pour a gallon of water in there and see if I get a gallon of water out.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Thanks. had an earlier post about water in port lazzerth and keel below floor boards, boat is on trailer. Thought should not get any water from rain there. Someone said to check drain hose in anchor locker. Looks like a pain to remove bolts. I guess it is what it is. Going to pour a gallon of water in there and see if I get a gallon of water out.
Yep. Changing the anchor locker hose is an absolute pain. Change is imperative. An absolute must. And unavoidable. Unless you’re Baptist.