Trailer Jacking Points

mgiraz

Jun 15, 2016
Hunter 23.5 Clovis, CA
I have a '93 Hunter 23.5 on the original trailer. I am replacing wheels and tires with the boat on the trailer. Where would I place the jack? On the frame closest to the wheel or the axle closest to the wheel.Thank you in advance for any feedback.
I also need to replace boards and bolts soon. Any advise on that project would be welcomed as well.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I jacked my H260 recently. I put the jack under the frame. Worked fine. Just make sure you're never, ever, ever under the trailer while the jack is holding it.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Concur with Kermit but if not attached to a tow vehicle then chock the other wheel fore and aft. Place jack on gram behind or aft of wheel

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I'll insert my advice: jack it from the frame close to the axle but back it up with (a) jackstand(s) under the frame and chock the other wheel.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
And do not girget to loosen the nuts before the wheel is off the ground.
I try to never girget important things like loosening lug nuts. And anniversaries. I can't imagine the repercussions of girgetting. Oh, and her birthday. Don't EVER girget her birthday.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I thought that one might make it thru. How does a spell checker even come up with "girget"??

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
I thought that one might make it thru. How does a spell checker even come up with "girget"??
My thoughts exactly. I had trouble getting my phone to even allow me to use girget.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Putting the jack anywhere other than under the axle could be problematic. The trailer is designed to support the weight at the points the springs are attached. Going to a single point and further away from the axle could bend the trailer.

One of the reasons it is a good idea to carry a piece of 4X4 you can use it as a chock or pull the tire up on it to get more room under the axle for the jack.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Blame it on Santa Clara and the iPad. It's not far from its birthplace and seems to be getting more than a little giddy.
Just put the jack under the axle where it belongs.