Lewmar hatches

Sep 21, 2014
Beneteau 343 Mimico
have a 2006 Beneteau 343. One hatch cover is loose and will not stay where I put it. Don't know how to tighten this type. See pics.

Ken
IMG_0559.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG

Sep 21, 2014
Beneteau 343 Mimico
You can also see this hatch the handle broke away. Any advice on how to affix it again. What adhesive to use?

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Ken,
Try www.hatchmasters.com ; they have the replacement handle assembly and adhesive for a reasonable price.
I am not sure how to tighten the hinge; one of mine is loose also.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
You can use allen wrench to tighten the hinge on the hatch and did you try calling Lewmar
Nick

Jun 14, 2007
Hunter 45cc Florida
remove the plastic cover on the hinge and it will expose adjustment nuts on either side. tighten using small allen wrench

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
remove the plastic cover on the hinge and it will expose adjustment nuts on either side.
Yes. There is a set of threaded pins that are moved by small hex keys you should have in your tool kit. Note that these pins are frequently seized up and can break if forces. So pull the plastic cover off and give the pin assembly a shot of penetrating oil. If you have trouble getting adjustment it is probably time to take the hinge pins out and replace them with the newer type that Hatchmasters sell. They also have the hatch dog latch assembly. Lewmar hatches are entirely rebuildable. Tony at Hatchmasters and his able assistant are a great resource.