Legend 1992 35.5 leaning portside. What is the problem?

May 8, 2017
Hunter Legend 35.5 Lake Balaton
The boat was purchased in the Nederlands and now assembled in Hungary. When put in water without mast she was leaning about 1-2 degree to prtside. The wing keel looks vertical and no demage can be observed, bolts are all right. I thought because empty water tank and boiler. When the mast got in place and tanks filled up the situation is the same. I thought placing balancing waight on the opposit side but first I would not mind knowing the cause. Anyone has a clue what is the problem?

Feb 17, 2013
Hunter 380 Port Clinton, Ohio
I had the same problem with my Hunter 380. I had too many batteries located on the port side. We relocated 2 batteries to the stern, starboard side and the boat now sits on her lines.

May 8, 2017
I had the same problem with my Hunter 380. I had too many batteries located on the port side. We relocated 2 batteries to the stern, starboard side and the boat now sits on her lines.
We shall check it out. Thanks very much.

Jul 19, 2007
-Hunter 1995 - 40.5 Hunter Saint Andrews, NB, Canada
Michael-Louis, our 40.5 does that same and as mentioned above I blame it on two (2) 8D AGM batteries located in the starboard stern locker. I believe their combined weight is in the vicinity of 500 lbs. It makes a difference!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Batteries, Anchors & chain, Motor, Fuel, Water, stuff????
They all contribute to the balance of your boat. The further above the waterline and away from the center line of the boat, the more they contribute to the leaning of your boat. With out all the stuff, your boat is designed to sit upright above the keel. Add 200 pounds of water in a container extended away from the boat hanging from the mast an you can do this....
So if you have a bridge to go under, maybe the lean will help...

Jul 19, 2007
No worries, you keep asking the questions and I'll see if I can help with the answers. Wish there was a cheap method of shipping you things in Hungary as I still have a few bits and pieces around here for the 35.5 that we lost.

May 8, 2017
No worries, you keep asking the questions and I'll see if I can help with the answers. Wish there was a cheap method of shipping you things in Hungary as I still have a few bits and pieces around here for the 35.5 that we lost.
Hi Karl,
Send me a list/pictures of these to mlm33mlm@gmail.com.

Jul 19, 2007
I'll have a look around as soon as I can, one item I know I have is the lee clothes that fit under the starboard settee and the aluminum pipe support. You place the clothes under the settee cushion and the pipe into one bracket on end of the nav table and then second to the forward bulkhead. Stops the sleeper from rolling out of the bunk in a seaway. As I say I'll see what I can find. Fair winds.