Catalina 30 (1986), Universal 25 Engine shut off cable length/replacement?

Mar 29, 2017
Catalina 30 Everett, wa
Cable to shut off on solenoid is stuck. Want to replace but not sure what length new cable to purchase. Couldn't get old cable out today and going to town tomorrow hoping to purchase a new cable. Any ideas on length needed and any other information I should know. The T- handle at end is corroded. Is this something I can purchase separately? If there are some tips on replacing please share. Appears to run through rear locker, then port locker and down to engine. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Mar 29, 2017
Catalina 30 Everett, wa
Thanks Les. I am going to Harbor Marine today to see if they have one or will order from Catalina Direct. Actually, we live on Hat Island rather than Everett and the boat is moored in the island marina (It was just easier to say Everett!). I will check out the PNW forum too, thanks. Steve

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
if it is a morse - style 'red jacket' cable there will be a stamped number somewhere along its length that tells you and the dealer what length and style it is. good luck ! just remember not to rout your new able over your hot engine block. (ask me how i know this....)