Mast wire deck tube

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
Well, that's what I'm calling it but that doesn't show on any searches.
I'm referring to the upside down tube used for routing mast wire thru the deck. I have a use for them elsewhere and don't want the other solutions.
What are they called? Where do I find them?

Thank you!

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
upside down tube
That's not very descriptive. Tubes by definition don't really have a set orientation, so not sure what an "Upside down" one would look like or be.

Are you talking about a cable clam ?

Do you have a photo ?

Most marine catalogs are grouped in sections, so you should be able to find it by going through the electrical section of an online marine catalog.

Nov 3, 2018
Cape Dory, Albin 300ms Motorsailer, Vega Baltimore
I installed one last year. They are a bit difficult to find in the U.S. Kato Marine ( I think that’s the correct name) sells one but in my opinion it is grossly overpriced. I found a European supplier that had an eBay store and was willing to ship to the states. All of the chandleries I contacted would not ship.

I’m very happy with mine so far one larger hole that is easier to seal then a bunch of individual cable glands that will degrade. Measure carefully the wires you want to run through and the diameter of the fitting. I have a radar cable, VHF cable, one triplex and two duplex electrical lines. The only problem I had was getting the radar cable end fitting through the curve of the swan neck, but after some wiggling it came through.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
There is an alternative to the Swan Neck tube for wires.
Bent hose.
F47C1425-E703-4362-8E45-E24AF59398BE.jpeg

That is the power cable for lights in the mast. the hose is bent over inside the mast. Less water dripping inside the boat. Water falls on the base and weeps out onto the deck.

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
There is an alternative to the Swan Neck tube for wires.
Bent hose.
View attachment 201100

That is the power cable for lights in the mast. the hose is bent over inside the mast. Less water dripping inside the boat. Water falls on the base and weeps out onto the deck.
Excellent idea!

I need to run wires through my CC cockpit coaming up to the bimini top for lights and solar

Jan 22, 2008
Montgomery 17, Venture of Newport, Mirror sailing dinghy, El Toro sailing dinghy Mound, MN -- Lake Minnetonka
Copper plumbing fittings epoxied thru deck.
WP_20150314_17_31_45_Pro (1).jpg

Jun 18, 2015
Mascot 28 Pilothouse Motorsailer Grand Manan
Google "pvc meter mount flange" and "pvc u bend".
Fasten the flange to the deck using ss screws & sealant.
Cut one arm of u bend shorter & cement u bend to flange.
Paint it the color of choice. Available in multi sizes.