Russian GPS Satellite Issues

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Saw this posted but not 100% sure of status. Just thought I would post it here.
1639793580785.png

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Sounds like Chinese to me. These Global Companies have arrangements with different Countries and the fact they may be using Russian satellites for some projects is of little consequence. This has not made National News for some reason and I suspect is because is not important.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Old news. Nothing ever dies on the internet.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
@dlochner, I wonder if this is an ongoing issue with R13 and possibly a new issue with R16. Looks like there is a history with R13.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
While it is nice of Trimble to keep people appraised, the loss of a couple of older Russian satellites is not going to have any appreciable impact on your location accuracy.

Sounds like Chinese to me. These Global Companies have arrangements with different Countries and the fact they may be using Russian satellites for some projects is of little consequence. This has not made National News for some reason and I suspect is because is not important.
GLONASS is Russian, BEIDOU is Chinese, they are not the same although they have similar functions.

There is an interesting overview of the GNSS systems here What's The Differences Between the 5 GNSS Constellations?

GPS is just one of 5 systems available for our "GPS" devices use to determine our location.

• Wow

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
What might the other 4 be?
They are in the link in my previous post:
The 5 GNSS constellations include GPS (US), QZSS (Japan), BEIDOU (China), GALILEO (EU), and GLONASS (Russia).
I don't know if any commercial GPS units use QZSS but the others are commonly used.