Cockpit table size

Nov 30, 2008
Hunter Legend 375 Sidney BC
Hi I am wanting to build a cockpit table with the fold out leaves It is for my 34 dose any one have some dimensions for what would the best size.
It will be mounted with folding brackets to my binnacle.

Jul 8, 2012
Catalina 28 North East
Sea Teak sells a couple versions at reasonable prices - item # Seateak 60392 and Seateak 60294 available on Amazon and many other places at very reasonable prices. One was on my boat when I bought it ten years ago, it is still used often, works fine and other than a few spots needing retool looks good too.

Sep 24, 2021
Beneteau 35s5 Telegraph hrbr Thetis Island
If you're at all handy and have the basic tools (table saw/router etc) you can make one yourself out of Starboard or Seaboard. It machines quite nicely, esp with a router. The other advantage is you can maximize your available space rather than accept a table that happens to be available and 'might' fit.
Critical dimensions are height from binnacle attachment point to cockpit sole vs the radius that will clear the bridge deck, if present. Also if you make it with folding wings the 'opened' table will be larger than what your can probably get away with in one piece. Another advantage of Starboard is that you don't ever need to worry about varnishing!

I'm currently in the process of building another for our current boat.

Here's one I made for a previous boat:
IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1441.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1443.JPG

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I like the idea, but I have a 3leg binnacle guard. Have to come up with a design that lets me open the table with one of the binnacle poles running through the middle of the table.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I like the idea, but I have a 3leg binnacle guard. Have to come up with a design that lets me open the table with one of the binnacle poles running through the middle of the table.
Send pictures and, if you can, dimensions. I'm sure the Collective can figure it out. :beer:

I know, it's got to include beer holders.

-Will

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 33.5 Elbow, Saskatchwen, Can.
Here's a couple of pictures of the table I made for our boat. I made it too wide so it's hard to get by when it's down I'll fix that next year. Also the material I used is 3/4 inch should have used 1/2 inch. I did cut the corners out for the wine glasses.64651588127__E86B6371-9566-4CD1-A02C-6989B454D109.jpg64651591729__5536D905-61A2-42ED-B4B3-E0FD4FB3AD3F.jpg

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
@Don Crowther how did the wine glass cutouts work in actual use? Looks like a good idea.
For @jssailem , perhaps the hinge portion can stick beyond third leg of the binnacle, with the third leg coming up through the top portion. Below is random google image search and link, no affiliations:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Wine cut outs do look like a good idea. A quite calm bay and thee. Not sure I would be able to set the wine glass in the holder if the chop was up.
The Captain would be saying ” Relax John. Set you glass down in the holder. “
And I’d be “Not on your life. Slip the glass stem in that little slot? Set it down and watch the boat spill this sweet nectar all over the cockpit? You crazy? I’m drinking it!”