Oceanis 48 - Salon Ceiling Panels

Sep 25, 2003
Beneteau Oceanis 48 Casco Bay, ME
I need to access above the ceiling panels for the first time to address leaky vent that appears to be screw attached from below. hammer and crow bar!? They appear to snap in but before I break anything.... See pic. Thanks!

Attachments

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
I would try removing the small panel(s) at the mast compression post, to see if there are any clues from that perspective. If not, try locating the installation manual for the type of hatch that is installed, to see whether it makes sense for it to have been screwed in from below. You could also look up the parts diagrams for your boat on the Beneteau spare parts web site, that might offer some clues for both the hatch and the panel installation. Good luck!

psotis

Nov 30, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 41 Grasonville
Is it one of these? They screw in from above. The cover is caulked to the base - careful prying is necessary. I was not able to remove mine in one piece. The vent mechanism itself is under the base, which removes easily enough once the cover is off.

As far as the ceiling panels, I started there, but it was not required to be removed. They are a pain to remove - I removed every screw I could find, and found that along some edges, the panel is help up by metal strips attached to the backside of the panel, which need to be slid away from their matching counterparts attached to the boat.

1638365620450.png