D&R MARINE: Still in business?

TPN

May 8, 2021
O'Day 272 Holland
I have been unable to get any response to inquiries of D&R Marine, in Assonet, Mass. D&R has been a great source for O'Day parts and info. The website is active , but I can't get an answer to emails, and the listed phone number rings but no answer. Does anyone know the status of the business?

Aug 12, 2011
ODay Ospray & 23 Calverton
I spoke with Rudy last week. They are definitely still in business, but swamped. Keep trying. The number that I reached him on was 518-644-3001.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
This is Rudy's VERY Busy time of year, we all find something that needs fixing when we end the season, but then forget about it until Spring! So, all businesses like D&R are getting very busy. I suspect that their voice-mail box is full overnight each night and that is why the phone just rings. I was down there to visit him in March to get parts for my DS II, he is busy, but still going! Rudy does pretty good at getting orders out despite being a literal "Mom & Pop" shop, I'd keep trying, he will get back to you. Sometimes I wish he would ask/let some of us that are local to come in (1-2 per Saturday?) for a day to give him a hand when he gets busy. It would be quite an education in O'DAY History!

Aug 16, 2015
O'Day 28 Salem, MA
This is Rudy's VERY Busy time of year, we all find something that needs fixing when we end the season, but then forget about it until Spring! So, all businesses like D&R are getting very busy. I suspect that their voice-mail box is full overnight each night and that is why the phone just rings. I was down there to visit him in March to get parts for my DS II, he is busy, but still going! Rudy does pretty good at getting orders out despite being a literal "Mom & Pop" shop, I'd keep trying, he will get back to you. Sometimes I wish he would ask/let some of us that are local to come in (1-2 per Saturday?) for a day to give him a hand when he gets busy. It would be quite an education in O'DAY History!
Love that barn!! Return communications are very spotty. I know he is busier than heck, and its really only a 2 person operation...but he certainly needs some help. I hate to see the D&R reputation tarnished. Rudy is like an O'Day national treasure!!

Jul 13, 2021
O’Day Mariner Webster Lake Sailing Assoc
I live about 50 min away from D&R, I just saw Rudy and Debbie the other week to pick up a mail sail cam cleat for my daysailor II. The other poster is correct they are very busy this time of year and I believe he said he was at least a week or two out on his online orders. Those two are an amazing asset to us I’m thankful to be close enough to “raid” their barn in person.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Rudy is an invaluable source of information and is quite generous with it. I wonder if the sailing community could convince him to write a technical book regarding the O'Day boats for when he retires