H33.5 Engine lifting hoist mounting ?

Mar 4, 2018
Hunter 33.5 Southport
Looking for ideas for the best place to locate an engine mounting bracket and and an engine lifting hoist on the 33.5
Will use a Garhauer hoist for my 60 lb Yamaha 6HP. Too old to hoist it by hand out of the dinghy. Had a small 2 stroke that I could do by hand but the 4 stroke is more than I want to tackle. Any one installed one of these and if so how did it work out ?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
You might these threads on the same subject (first thread on a Hunter 33.5) helpful:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Swing-lift Outboard Motor hoist.
I recently got mine after using it aboard a friends boat. It is a simple and effective tool to get the motor onto the boat. Not cheap but it solves the problem and protects my back from injury.

Mar 4, 2018
Hunter 33.5 Southport
Already have a Garhauer lift that was salvaged from another boat. The posts listed earlier offer some generalities regarding the use of lifts but none of which were mounted on the 33.5 and none with specifics of how the units were installed and if any owners would do anything different if they had it to do over. I suspect that I will just have to play it by ear so to speak and hope for the best. The H36 photo in one of the links to previous posts looks like a good starting point.