Replacement Hatch lense for a Catalina 30 Mark 2 Tall Rig

Mar 27, 2020
Catatilina 30 Brockport Yatch Club
Hi we have a 1989 Catalina 30 and are needing to replace just the front Hatch lense.
The frame says " Bomar 88025609" Does anyone know where we can get a replacement lense?? The frame is in good condition.
Thank you

Last edited:

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
Try CatalinaDirect.com. I think I bought mine there several years ago. The hatch locks did not exactly line up but it wasn't noticable - just needed some adjustment

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
It is not a bad job to do yourself.. I measured VERY carefully and ordered a pre cut piece of acrylic (plexiglass) from TAP Plastics in Stockton California.. The lens, custom cut with radius corners was about $70. It was thicker than original at 3/8 and 19 9/16 inches square with 1" corner radii.. Mine had no holes in it.. For a Bomar hatch.. don't know the number.. I used gray Dow 795 for sealant/adhesive and masked carefully to get a decent appearance. Took a couple of hours to get everything cleaned and re-installed.. did all 4 of the hatches and everything fit perfectly. The two "in progress" pictures are of a smaller hatch, but I did the big hatch the same way. Tape a cover inside to keep the debris out of the cabin.
IMG_0527.JPGIMG_0374.JPGIMG_0373.JPG

Jul 26, 2009
. . .
You don't mention budget, so I'll recommend Select Plastics. You send them the hatch lid (frame and lens) and they rebuild them. For us that included lenses, handles, locks, o-rings, etc. We did this a few years and couldn't be happier with not only the outcome, but the entire process. No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer - which is not often the case when farming out work in the Marine industry.

Either way, new lenses are such a nice upgrade to our more "experienced" boats.

Marine Hatch Repair - Select Plastics