H41 DS Cabin top Overhang

Dec 19, 2019
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda
Has anyone had the overhang on the cabin of the deck saloon to break by people stepping on it? Has anyone shored up or strengthened the overhang?

Thanks
7119337_20190622092640551_1_XLARGE.jpg

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Haven't done anything with this, but it appears to be fragile and not intended to step on, it is also a great nesting place for spiders, dirt collection, reinforcing wouldn't be that difficult for someone who is handy with fiberglass work, I have often thought about what it would look like without the shade.

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
I was thinking a wooden wedge bonded to the deck would work
I would be concerned at that point with the areas between the supports added. With less flex in the horizontal plane the shade itself just may crack between the added supports, unless of course the added supports were fairly close together.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
I could have sworn that I replied to this thread previously but maybe it was just a dream! Anyway yes the "eyebrows" are a concern but more of a concern with slipping than cracking. I warn anyone that goes up on the cabin top not to step on them because they may slip and indeed they do flex. I have stepped on them many times while working topside without thinking. They do make a great mud dabber nesting area too. However I love the look it gives the boat! One of the reasons I feel in love with the 41DS!

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
@Nodak7 agreed the eyebrows do add a certain aesthetic appeal and the mud dabber's do love them as well, bout every time I wash the deck I hose out the eyebrows........