catalina 270

1. C

How well does a C-270 trailer?

Hey friends! I wanted to know how folks are trailering their Catlina 270's? I read a forum back in 2018 and thought I'd ask again. Seems like stepping the mast is a much more of a process and unless you have the wing keel you may be using a hoist to come on and of the trailer. If anyone out...
  2. J

Catalina 270 versus Catalina 250

Hello. I an considering a used Catalina 250 with an 9.9hp outboard , however I saw an advertisement for a used Catalina 270 with inboard diesel and wondering if anyone has an idea of the cockpit size difference of the two boats. Basically I am interested if the number of people that each cockpit...
  3. B

Catalina 270

I am making some plans for the future. This will include a Catalina 270 on a trailer I can pull behind my truck. This will be new for me, today I sail a Catalina 22. Any feedback on: Is a 270 difficult to trailer? Is the mast hard to step? Any lessons learned / thing to avoid? Any feedback...
  4. J

Considering purchasing a 1995 Catalina 270

Hi All, I'm considering purchasing a 1995 Catalina 270. Can anyone who owns the boat tell of their general experience with it? Also, are the any particular things I should ask the surveyor to be on the lookout for when the boat is inspected? Thanks!