Production stock Bimini 2001 Hull 063

May 6, 2019
Catalina 310 0063 Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa
Good Day,
My (new to us) boat has the original bimini (full cockpit coverage). I'm looking for images and advice on how to fold it properly when not in use. For us it is a nice to have but would like it available. The rear arch is significantly higher than the forward two and it seams an awkward design. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Images and advice welcome. Thanks for your patience and help with all the questions.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 310 Scott Creek, VA
On hull 218 I also have a stock full Bimini. I disconnect the canvas from the aft two bows, then fold forward so the widow glass is protected inside the two forward bows, place them on deck, then fold the canvas forward. May have to tie a line in the middle to keep the zipper from rubbing on the lense in the cabin roof slider

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Our dodger and bimini don't really fold. They are strongly constructed to the point that the dodger has hand holds on the sides that are greatly appreciated when going forward. We routinely remove the connecting panel or install it as needed. The bimini is a bit taller than the dodger, and I actually look over the dodger when I am standing at the helm.
DSCN0100.jpg

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I'll have to see if my Dad wants to pick it up on his way to Atlanta, he is in FL! Mine is huge and I'd like a smaller one to try out too.

May 2, 2012
Catalina 310 Toronto, Ontario
Sir Whittem ........ will that motor mount plate on your back rail accommodate a 5hp motor.
Cheers
2 Old Pirates