One of Life's Little Victories

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi Rick. Sure makes you feel good when a boat puzzle is solved, eh? Suppose you could have paid someone to trouble shoot for you, but here the pockets run only so deep. So the skipper, in my case, is the one that dives into these problems.

Had a leaking forward hatch that seemed to need a re-bed as the only solution. Tried fresh sealant around the outside base, tightened bedding screws, etc., etc., etc, to no avail. The P42 has a large front window behind and above the forward hatch. Its seal is old and beginning to show signs of leaking, but usually inside. One day I took a magnifying glass and inspected the outside seal where it showed signs of gaps. Applied some fresh quality sealant all around and, well the fresh water leak stopped.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
No heat or AC. Thanks for the thought.
If you don't remove the water, does it continue to increase when you do not run any systems? Reason I ask is that in the case of my leak it stopped as soon as the water leaked out of the line to the Yanmar raw water pump. A fixed amount. If yours continues to fill, to me it would indicate a tank or the low pressure side of the pump or the feed hose is the culprit. Also are the feeds out of the top of your tanks, as mine are, or the bottom. Again, this would be an indicator.

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
If you don't remove the water, does it continue to increase when you do not run any systems? Reason I ask is that in the case of my leak it stopped as soon as the water leaked out of the line to the Yanmar raw water pump. A fixed amount. If yours continues to fill, to me it would indicate a tank or the low pressure side of the pump or the feed hose is the culprit. Also are the feeds out of the top of your tanks, as mine are, or the bottom. Again, this would be an indicator.
My bilge pump is on auto so it never gets above a certain point. I will be on the boat this weekend for a Hunter rendezvous and will secure the pump to see what happens. Tank fills are very near the top on the side