Tractor for Moving Boats around Yard

Sep 17, 2012
Morgan 383 Fairhaven, NY
It all depends on boat size. We launched a couple hundred Lightning sailboats on Skaneateles Lake with ATVs for their 75th yr regatta. But they don't weigh much. Moving my 22' keelboat with an ATV was touch and go. As 31seahorse said an old tractor will have the weight to handle 3000#s. More is weight is better.
Dicking around to get the ball & hitch lined up speaks to hydraulics with side to side as well as up & down. My 2 C

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
One issue that has not been mentioned is trailer tongue weight. If the trailers are tongue heavy it will hard to steer a small lawn tractor when the front wheels are in the air.

Sep 20, 2014
Rob Legg RL24 Chain O'Lakes
One issue that has not been mentioned is trailer tongue weight. If the trailers are tongue heavy it will hard to steer a small lawn tractor when the front wheels are in the air.
Actually I did, but my comment may not have been obvious. I stated to make sure the tractor had separate left/right brakes for enhanced steering. Most of your lawn tractors will not have separate right/left brakes. A good tractor will.