Common Leaks for O'Day 25

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I've been rebedding fittings here and there to eliminate water leaks. I've been finding a small amount of water on the cabin sole next to the stairs (right in front of the cutout for the pendant tube). I'm only seeing water after heavy rain.

There are well over 100 holes in the deck. Which ones are common culprits on this boat?

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Rub rail leaked on mine, it was on my list for this year but sold and told the current owner it needed replacement.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Rain, I never had the rail in the water on the O'Day 25. I don't think it will go that far over without rounding up to be honest.

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Chain plates, toe rail, mast step, block mounts, ummmm yeah.... every deck penetration on a boat that old and not the best engineered would need to be address. Ports..... If there is a hole, it needs re-bedding.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
I forgot on the toe rails, mine were very bad so I ordered new teak wood and made new ones, they looked really good and didn't leak anymore! I loved the O'Day for what she was, cheap, fun and easy to live with. I didn't like the constant maintenance and age, plus wife did not like it for a comfortable boat.