Furler won’t turn.

Apr 16, 2019
Hunter 44AC Annapolis
I have a furlex 300 that decided to stop rotating (see video). Does anyone suggest a root cause/solution?

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Have you detached or attached any lines or hardware to the furler recently?

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I'm guessing bearings are contaminated or worn. Does it help to flush the drum with clean water?

Apr 11, 2010
Hunter 38 Whitehall MI
May seem obvious but check the furling line to make sure it hasn’t over ridden itself in the drum. It could be binding.

Oct 27, 2016
Seattle
And now a word from the sponsor...
Cabinet catch for many Hunters

These catches were common on Hunters from the Legend-era through today's Marlow-Hunters. We keep a large stock on hand for emergency shipments or just getting spares.
See the product

Apr 16, 2019
Hunter 44AC Annapolis
Thank
I'm guessing bearings are contaminated or worn. Does it help to flush the drum with clean water?
Thanks for your reply. I’ve removed the drum and both the halyard swivel and track ring rote freely. It’s only the luff extrusion that won’t rotate

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
My guess is that the extrusion is hanging up on the rigging screw/turnbuckle. I've seen that happen before, if something slides down where it does not belong.

If this is the case, the extrusion will need to be slid up. I'm not sure if that means taking the forestay off, or perhaps only the bottom.

Apr 16, 2019
Hunter 44AC Annapolis
My guess is that the extrusion is hanging up on the rigging screw/turnbuckle. I've seen that happen before, if something slides down where it does not belong.

If this is the case, the extrusion will need to be slid up. I'm not sure if that means taking the forestay off, or perhaps only the bottom.
Thanks - I look for that the next time I’m out at the boat latter this week