Hull Divers For Hire

Feb 26, 2011
Achilles SD-130 Alameda, CA
If you are a boat owner in need of a dive service or a hull cleaner looking for new clients, I have created a Facebook group designed to put the two of you together. A bulletin board where boaters can post "help wanted" ads and divers can advertise their businesses. Hundreds of hull cleaners are already members and are waiting to provide you with great underwater services!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1152289711611226

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
The Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board has convinced itself that as part of it's quest to reduce the copper load in Newport Beach, it will restrict and regulate hull cleaning. This despite a consulting scientist's finding that the bay is within limits and life is flourishing. Sigh.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
@fstbttms would you please invite Ivan from Coastal Diving LLC which is also on FB. He's the best diver I have found here on the right coast. :D
P.S. wanna buy a vowel?

Feb 26, 2011
@fstbttms would you please invite Ivan from Coastal Diving LLC which is also on FB. He's the best diver I have found here on the right coast. :D
Thanks for that. I found him on Facebook and sent an invite :thumbup:

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
Silly question here - What constitutes a "good diver" in your opinion?

Feb 26, 2011
Silly question here - What constitutes a "good diver" in your opinion?
One who does what he says he will, when he says he's going to do it and at the price for which he said he would do it.

Aug 22, 2017
One who does what he says he will, when he says he's going to do it and at the price for which he said he would do it.
I was expecting to hear something more along the lines of someone who can recognize impending problems like a worn cutlass bearing & predict the amount of life left in your bottom paint, but I'll accept those three basic qualities as a valid criteria set.

Thanks for the reply.

Feb 26, 2011
I was expecting to hear something more along the lines of someone who can recognize impending problems like a worn cutlass bearing & predict the amount of life left in your bottom paint, but I'll accept those three basic qualities as a valid criteria set.
In the boat maintenance biz (and especially the hull cleaning end of it), the bar is not set particularly high.

Aug 22, 2017
I have no real experience in that realm, which is why I asked. Thank you for improving my perspective.