What is this?

May 20, 2019
Catalina 36 MKI GIG HARBOR
Ok, I've been around lots of sail boats and motor boats. Never have a seen what looks like an anchor roller like this. I am assuming it's missing the roller parts. I've tried searching all the worldwide internets and cannot find anything that looks like this to help me figure out exactly what it is, how it was used, and if there are missing parts. Boy would I love it if someone knew!

Attachments

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Looks like a small Danforth would hang with its shank down through the loop. Or maybe pull the shank up through.

May 20, 2019
The danforth, which I bought this, did have it's fluke hanging through it. But I'm thinking it can't just be that right? If someone was going to invent that just to let the fluke sit in it, wouldn't they also create it with some rollers? It's weird though, can't find anything on this.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
The danforth, which I bought this, did have it's fluke hanging through it. But I'm thinking it can't just be that right? If someone was going to invent that just to let the fluke sit in it, wouldn't they also create it with some rollers? It's weird though, can't find anything on this.
That doesn't look like a commercially available product. Looks like a prior owners better idea.

May 20, 2019
Upon close inspection, found some numbers stamped into it. Still no search results though. At any rate, thanks to everyone who looked and chimed in with thoughts!

Attachments

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
dave, if you read the thread, there were two photos. the one for our part cannot be found. the other on is for some radio part. the labeling for the photos is odd. that said, the part numbers match and the photo that is shown is comfirned as some radio part for an old VW.

as you all know i am never afraid of being wrong, but i think this is right

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
i was going to pack my truck today to go up north and get the boats going. poured rain all day. i read that michigan and huron will go up 2" more from just this storm that went through in just a matter of the next 3 to 4 days. so playing this mystery question game is a diversion

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Drill a 3/8 “ hole through the flat parts aft of the hoop and put a pin axel through with a roller on the pin