Looking for overnight dockage this summer in New England

Dec 11, 2015
Hunter 25 Plymouth
Dear Fellow Sailors,

Looking for contact names.numbers for overnight moorings/launches for Scituate, MA and Gloucester, MA. Any info/knowledge/advice appreciated.

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
@Plymouth Sailor are you familiar with ActiveCaptain.com? Check it out, create a free account. I have no affiliation -- it's crowdsourced free information. You can also load the data in various navigation apps so it's with you on your mobile device, even when offline. (Navionics is the one I recommend).

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
For Situate moorings, contact the launch EZ Rider. Sorry I don't remember the channel number to call.
For Gloucester, the harbormaster rents town moorings in the inner and outer harbor. They are reserved and paid through Dockwa. It's easy and no-cost to join. You can make and/or cancel mooring reservations with ease. I don't recall the name of the launch service in Gloucester, but the harbormaster will know.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
@Plymouth Sailor are you familiar with ActiveCaptain.com? Check it out, create a free account. I have no affiliation -- it's crowdsourced free information. You can also load the data in various navigation apps so it's with you on your mobile device, even when offline. (Navionics is the one I recommend).
:plus: on Active Captain and Navonics

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Dear Fellow Sailors,

Looking for contact names.numbers for overnight moorings/launches for Scituate, MA and Gloucester, MA. Any info/knowledge/advice appreciated.
Scituate Yacht Club for mooring/launch.
EZ Rider as Rich said above also in Scituate. Most beautiful launch drivers in New England :)
Gloucester I recommend Enos Marine for a slip or Harbormaster for mooring.
Gloucester is a great harbor. Lots to do, lots to eat, lots to drink, lots to see.

CarlN

Jan 4, 2009
Ketch 55 Bristol, RI
Gloucester harbor master uses Dockwa for mooring reservations. They have a launch. https://dockwa.com
But you'll find ActiveCaptain is a quicker and more reliable way to answer these questions.

Bob S

Sep 27, 2007
Beneteau 393 New Bedford, MA
Active Captain is a great way to plan your trip but has anyone had problems with Dockwa? I have had their app since it started and every time I check for availability for Edgartown it is always full yet if I radio when I'm in Nantucket sound I can always get a mooring ??? This is what they're currently showing: Looking at Dockwa's calendar would make me sail right by. It's booked for the whole summer.
BTW, welcome Plymouth Sailor. My dad made a trip from Maine (not sure what part) to Scituate nonstop in a 24' sailboat. Took something like 20 hours and his only complaint was he didn't dress warm enough.

Attachments

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Stopping in Scituate last season, we luckily called early (cell) and got the last available mooring. Cell phone #'s are available on most Nav. ware. and AC. Navionics lists all the marina's, harbor master on the chart with phone #'s. Call while you're still in range and reserve. There is no space to anchor in Scituate Harbor.

Gloucester does have a nice anchorage in the inner harbor and several options for moorings or dockspace. Same thing, call ahead. It can get busy down that way in mid summer.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
Gloucester also has anchorage in the outer harbor right next to Fort Stage Park. We always anchor there. But not real close to the wall- there are big rocks lurking near the wall that are not visible at high tide. It's a 5-10 minute dinghy ride to the harbormaster's dock where you can tie up your dinghy.