3rd Reef on a 22 ?

Mar 2, 2018
Catalina Wing Keel San Diego
Hi Judy, I would gladly buy you as much beer as you can drink when we see each other ! Let's figure out how to make that happen.

Tarkus

May 22, 2020
Catalina 22 Middle River, MD
Excuse me, Im a newbe. How do I post a question on my Cat 22 on this site? Thank You.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Welcome @Tarkus,
It is good to have you join us.
How do I post a question on my Cat 22 on this site? Thank You.
At the top of the thread you will see the name of the forum the thread is (in this case, '<Catalina 22' ). Click on that title and you should go to the home screen for the forum of choice. On the right will appear a button that says [post new topic]. That's what you're looking for.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
Truly a “smoke on the water day” you know it’s windy when the tops of the white caps get torn off!
I also notice that the main in the photo doesn’t appear to be reefed at all

Could have been a williwaw - a la Joshua Slocum. Whirling down from the mountain-

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
Will you apparently have no idea what Lake Dillon is all about.

View attachment 165835

Am I imagining things - or does that torn head sail, on the boat from Dillon, have a red figure of man on it - with exasperation lines radiating from his head? Looks just like the actual sailor on the foredeck...

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Am I imagining things - or does that torn head sail, on the boat from Dillon, have a red figure of man on it - with exasperation lines radiating from his head? Looks just like the actual sailor on the foredeck...
I think it's a bottle. The one the guy on the foredeck is going to hit as soon as they get to shore.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Could have been a williwaw - a la Joshua Slocum. Whirling down from the mountain-
Technically called a katabatic wind, high density air 'falling' down the side of a mountain. They exist world-wide. In Croatia they call them the 'bora'. Locals will advise charterers to NOT anchor in certain spots, based on local knowledge and conditions. Only fools ignore them