Interesting confrontation!

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
How is it a weakness to refuse to play childish games with a billion dollar+ machine and hundreds of lives? We know their capability and they know ours down to the tiniest bit of info. What happened to taking the higher road? Must we get down in the muck to prove something we don't need to prove?
"In my opinion, the world is a safer place all around when America is THE unabashed superpower."
Where does this come from? We haven't won a war since WWII, and have pretty much disgraced ourselves in every one since. Russia and China have been building up their military might at a rate that makes our improvements look paltry, but no matter what, there's still enough nuclear firepower out there to eradicate every living thing (except cockroaches) on this planet a dozen or more times over.
Superpower? We aren't even a cohesive union anymore.
Geez. Where have I been? Or maybe, where have you been? Things sure look different from where I watch.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
I definitely prefer the books he wrote before he died. The dozen or two he has written while he was dead were not nearly as good as the ones he wrote when he was alive. o_O
Around the time he wrote Sum of All Fears or is credited with writing they all went to crap.

Bought Every Man a Tiger only so I could take it to Chuck Horner and have him sign it for me. Even that one there are so many errors and inaccuracies it is pathetic. Chuck is responsible for a few chapters in the book and those were spot on the rest is not worth reading.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Well, maybe North Korea? Or maybe the Peoples Republic of China? Or maybe Islamic Republic of Iran?
Oh...wait....
I find it very interesting your examples of what you think are cohesive countries (cohesion means sticking together, by the way) are all dictatorial, tyrannical, oppressive, repressive, systems that require complete subservience to the state.
I certainly don't agree with that.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Around the time he wrote Sum of All Fears or is credited with writing they all went to crap.

Bought Every Man a Tiger only so I could take it to Chuck Horner and have him sign it for me. Even that one there are so many errors and inaccuracies it is pathetic. Chuck is responsible for a few chapters in the book and those were spot on the rest is not worth reading.
I misremembered Fighter Wing is the book that was trash Every Man a Tiger was almost all Chuck Horner and a good read.