Engine control panel

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
One of mine they isn't hooked up is a flow alarm for the raw water side of my cooling system. What engine?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
One will be a high water temperature alarm, one will be a low oil pressure alarm (will sound when the key is turned on) .. and the other will be alternator output .. should also be lit when the key is on and the engine isn't running. The other one is usually a water alarm for a saildrive diaphragm failure.. since you probably don't have a sdaildrive, that one is unused..

Nov 2, 2016
Hunter 27 2 Rock hall MD
Sorry for not including the engine in the original post. I have the Yanmar YSE-8hp. I can’t seem to find much information on it. I’ve been having a cold water pump issue that’s led me to wonder if any of these lights are actually telling me anything.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
John.
When you switch you engine on do any of the lights come on or go off?

Old school we would trace the wires to the sensor or hardware connected to get an idea what they do. One of the issues, some previous owners change the wires or sensors. That’s why one traces the wires.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Nov 2, 2016
Hunter 27 2 Rock hall MD
Thank and that’s great advice. Yes, the light farthest to the right comes on when I turn the key but the other had not been coming on till recently. Now the middle light flickers. I plan to trace all the wires back to their respective sensors when I get back on the boat next week, so I’ll be keeping everyone posted on what I find. Thank you again!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sounds like a good plan. Can be fun... Once I turned it into a drinking game with a friend.... Worked well for a while. Then the tracing of wires slowed. Fortunately we ran out of beer.