Honda Generator Recall

Mar 18, 2019
Irwin 32 Corpus Chiristi, TX
Fuel leak, not good. At least it doesn't have an air-bag....and I have a Yamaha.
Good to let people know.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I know you need a CarbonMonoxide detector when you run one of these.

Now it appears a fire suppressor as well.

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
Thanks for putting this out there Scott!
My generator's in the mix of serial numbers.
Aw, if it was only Powerball.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Hey Honda. You were just in the news for recalling Ridgelines that may catch fire after you wash them??

NHTSA says that exposure to acids, including car wash soaps, may result in the fuel pump feet port cracking, thus increasing the risk of fire.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Just tried to purchase an EU2200i Companion from Camping World in Manassas, VA. When I called the store they said they had 6 in stock. When I showed up they said "Oh, yeah...sorry. They're all part of the recall and our technicians haven't performed the recall maintenance on them so we can't sell them."

The recall was issued at the end of March, 2 months ago.

So, I ordered one from Amazon (free shipping). Since its against federal law to sell an appliance or vehicle that has been recalled by its manufacturer until the recall has been complied with, I'm hoping the Amazon vendor has one newer than the recalled ones, or has performed the recall maintenance.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has taken theirs to a Honda dealer to have the recall take care of, and how their experience was. Did they have the parts? How long did it take them (both the repair itself, and the length of time until they were able to get to your particular generator)? What, exactly, did they do? I know a previous recall for a fuel line clamp was something you could do yourself in 90 seconds (e.g. rotate a clamp on one fuel line so that its wings didn't contact and rub the adjacent fuel line which could wear through the hose and cause a leak).

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
Hey tfox2069, my generator sat in the shop for 3 weeks, there were 12 generators before me. Parts for the recall are being shipped in small quanities to the service dealers. The dealer I went to couldn't get enough parts to fix the ones on the floor so they could resume selling them. The sold generators that have been recalled have priority.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
Hey tfox2069, my generator sat in the shop for 3 weeks, there were 12 generators before me. Parts for the recall are being shipped in small quanities to the service dealers. The dealer I went to couldn't get enough parts to fix the ones on the floor so they could resume selling them. The sold generators that have been recalled have priority.
That's really good info Misfits. Fingers crossed the generator on the way has a serial number outside the recall. Otherwise I'll have to decide whether to drop it off with a dealer and be without it for awhile, or fight with the vendor to ship it back at their cost and send me one that's not recalled. The law is on my side, but a vendor will likely make the return difficult enough it'll be easier just to take it to a dealer. Craptastic.