Busy launch weekend photos -post yours!

Mar 29, 2015
MacGregor 25 trailer sailer
0520190808a.jpg 0520190808a.jpg Got splashed a week ago. Love my new to me 9.9 electric start outboard! As easy as the old motor pull started, theres nothing as easy as the button! Can't wait for the weekend warriors to clear out after this weekend so we can spend some time on the boat. This lake has almost no enforcement on the water and I have never seen so many clueless, rude boaters that blatantly ignore ALL rules, laws and common courtesy. Anyhow heres a pic of her (Blew Ayes) waiting at the marina for me to have some fun next week. No flooding or snow here, just record setting heat, expecting highs around 100 this week and no rain in the forecast. Happy Memorial weekend!

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
Almost there...we launch next Wednesday, after Memorial Day. We’ve got three more days to hopefully bring a gloss to the hull. Thank God for big burly brother-in-laws.

3260DECF-E8D6-4F01-9F56-6673AE200348.jpeg

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
And, rig tuned to within an inch of it's life and ready for the newly crafted loose foot main. Game on.
p.s.
Enjoy that blue sky folks, it's probably the last time we'll see it till September with the current fire risks.
DSC00012 copy.JPG

Nov 30, 2015
Wow, what a great Memorial weekend, weatherwise. Got this 41 year old girl re-glossed and ready for splash this next Wednesday. We’re very excited to get this season rocking and rolling. I did hire a couple thugs for the heavy lifting.

F2075C5D-00DB-45A6-8D7A-19629867A9AE.jpeg

5A0BF5C5-CA04-499D-B0AF-7D843523437B.jpeg FA186053-41B4-40EE-809A-3F773EFEFD92.jpeg

Nov 30, 2015
Is that "rail meat" a regular consist? :)
Negative Skipper! The dude cleaning the pad is my brother in law. He serves best as a cabin bitch so his weight is generally distributed centrally. The other dude on the scaffolding is a well respected car body detailer. He got an invite for next weekends outing.

We haven’t needed rail meat...yet. Too funny, these two guys alone would be suffice as rail meat on a 50 footer. :waycool:

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Ha ha. No disrespect intended! Reading the Robert B Parker “Spenser” series. Short, squat, and muscular.

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
I had intended on being there when Evelyn was launched so I could get a lunch hang and painting the bottom but a nasty cold and nasty weather forced me to call the marina and ask them to tow it to our slip. I did catch the tow on their webcam though, as they pulled it from the north marina to the south marina where we have our slip, and captured it with my cell phone:

We were schedule for the third week of launching but high water delayed the first two weeks and cause those folks to reschedule, so we ended up being one of the first put in. Unfortunately between finishing up my holding tank/hose/head replacement project, cold weather, and a couple of races (trail running, not sailing) kept us from actually sailing until last Sunday. We managed to get about an hour and a half of decent sailing in before we were becalmed. My wife made the astute observation that our speed dropped precipitously when I took over the helm. She just might be on to something.

No matter. No wind is needed for anchoring, grilling and napping, and the sunsets are just as beautiful when drifting. The lovebirds up front..my son and his girlfriend...didn't seem to mind.

IMG_20190526_203203409.jpg IMG_20190526_203627140.jpg

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
Splashed Tuesday a week ago, loaded the boat and commissioned systems on Friday and Saturday and at anchor Sunday thru Tuesday with a good sail home from Rock Hall in 15 knots downwind with new North Sails jib poled out. Season is just getting started...
Jeff
LegaSea at anchor.jpg
LegaSea at night.jpg
LegaSea poled out.jpg

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
I enjoy the active waterfront around my harbor this time of year. In our tiny boat yard/storage area (less than 10 boats), there are 2 couples that do all the work on their boat, together, year after year. Rare?
Rockport public landing.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
I have permitted marina facilities in NY. The State regulators specifically excluded ADA from consideration when I wanted wider ramps and shallower slopes. The issue stated was shading of the water reducing primary productivity. In a tidal water like we were in, the water resides for minutes under the piers, not long enough to have any measurable impact on biota. After all, the water is shaded for a significant portion of the day called NIGHT!

JerryA

Oct 17, 2004
Tanzer 29 Jeanneau Design Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
I launched May 16th. It was the most perfect day. Nothing like those before and after (cold & rain). I usually launch and take Lady Jane straight to the dock. It's launch day after all. Not this year. It was so perfect that I went sailing on the bay for a good hour before heading to my dock.

It was tough to get a good day to wash & wax the hull this spring. I was starting to think I would have to push back my launch date.

I got in a real nice day of sailing this Memorial Day. One of those days you have so much fun that it's too late when you remember you didn't apply sunscreen.

JerryA

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
My goal was to lunch in May. We made it on the last day.
I was a little nervous as I had replaced all thru hulls, valves, rw strainer, fuel lines and relocated the fuel filter.
The motor ran great for the 20 minutes sitting in the slings in the water. Once released all was good as I backed out of the travel lift well.
As I went to idle to shift gear the motor died. Started right back up, put into forward and died again. Started again and head into a nearby slip as it died again but luckily the wind pushed me into the slip.
Thought about it a few minutes, opened the bleeder valve and left it open. Ran the motor for a few more minutes and moved into my regular slip with no more issues.

We were planning cleaning and putting the boat back into shape after all the winter projects but the sun was out, winds was about 10-12 so in less than two hours of being back into the water we went sailing for a couple of hours.

Great start of the season with only a minor glitch.

Sun Dog waiting for the pad paint to dry.
Launch 1.jpeg

@Scott T-Bird s Thunderbird, our slip mate's Hunter 310 and Sun Dog.
Launch 2.jpeg

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
My goal was to lunch in May. We made it on the last day.
I was a little nervous as I had replaced all thru hulls, valves, rw strainer, fuel lines and relocated the fuel filter.
The motor ran great for the 20 minutes sitting in the slings in the water. Once released all was good as I backed out of the travel lift well.
As I went to idle to shift gear the motor died. Started right back up, put into forward and died again. Started again and head into a nearby slip as it died again but luckily the wind pushed me into the slip.
Thought about it a few minutes, opened the bleeder valve and left it open. Ran the motor for a few more minutes and moved into my regular slip with no more issues.

We were planning cleaning and putting the boat back into shape after all the winter projects but the sun was out, winds was about 10-12 so in less than two hours of being back into the water we went sailing for a couple of hours.

Great start of the season with only a minor glitch.

Sun Dog waiting for the pad paint to dry.
View attachment 165518

@Scott T-Bird s Thunderbird, our slip mate's Hunter 310 and Sun Dog.
View attachment 165519
Wow, i’ve never seen a sailboat carried so far back in the travellift before. Your keel almost outside the wheelset. Is that typical for you guys?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
First weekend booze-cruise of the year. Grabbed two other couples and off we went. Sailed for a couple of hours, then docked at a local restaurant for dinner. Cocktails in the cockpit after, wrapping up at about 1am. Then the first night sleeping on the boat!

22F5D154-2576-4B04-B451-4C6BF238C517.jpeg